Curative Powers of Brisket

  • zellenesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2002
      Well, I convinced myself to go to Philly for Passover. My girfriend
      stayed overnight with Widgie. I left at 11 am Saturday morning and
      would have arrived 4 hours later but there was a major accident which
      closed the Garden State Pkwy and it took 6 hours to get there. We had
      a nice dinner and I got to see my relatives for the first time in a
      year. I left Sunday morning at 6 am and got home at 10:30 am.
      Exhausting....BUT I got some Aunt Sylvia's brisket for Widgie.

      She immediately scarfed down a nice portion and would have eaten a
      pound of it! By Sunday morning she was more active than I've seen
      her in months, following me into the bathroom, purring, vocalizing,
      etc. This was wonderful to see. But, stupid me, I overdid it and she
      vomited her foodies later in the day. So I froze most of the meat for
      little treats...sort of like energy supplements. I almost wish I ate
      meat...I could use the energy. There is just SOMETHING about this
      brisket!