What Could I Have Done?

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2002
      Cyndy, I am so sorry to hear this news. And I hope you take what everyone
      else has said to heart. I think it is a part of the grieving process to go
      back and forth about what we could have done, even if we did everything in
      our power. You did the right thing. When I look back at beloved kitties I
      have lived with, my only pain comes now in thinking I kept up treatments for
      too long, rather than ending it sooner. I hope you are comforted by the
      thought that your kitty is now free of pain and fear.

      I wholeheartedly agree about the Bach Flower Essences. I made up a mixture
      of four that I gave to Widgie and myself when Katchina died of cancer. I did
      use Star of Bethlehem and Olive but I can't remember the other two. I'll
      look when I get home. They do contain some alcohol, but when you make the
      mixture you are only using a few drops of each essence, mixed with an ounce
      or so of pure water, so I wouldn't worry about that. I still can't believe
      that these essences work, logically....but they do. They have helped me when
      nothing else would. And if you can't find all the varieties, Rescue Remedy
      is wonderful. I put the remedies on Widgie's ear, on the inside part and
      rubbed it in...(not way inside, though.) For myself, I put four to six
      drops directly under my tongue as often as needed.

      My Boing-boing came to me after he passed. I would see a tail disappearing
      around a corner, or a blur of grey tiger out of the corner of my eye. He was
      my love for 19 years. The day after he died I was walking in the woods and
      stopped to cry. Suddenly, there were all these butterflies around me. I knew
      it was Boingy. When I would do Reiki on him, I would always visualize
      butterflies as a healing energy. And there they were.