Re: For shock, trauma and loss

  • gussielou49
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 3:38 AM
      Sally, That was really nice of you to post. Very thoughtful! I've
      been using Rescue Rememdy on myself for a few years for various
      things in my life. I was wondering if these tinctures are OK to give
      to our hcm babies who are on medication. I'm bringing Gus to a
      cardiologist this weekend for the first time and it's about 1 1/2
      hours away. I thought of giving him the RR but wasn't sure. Any
      thoughts or suggestions on a long travel w/ my sweetie?
      The Bach web site is: www.bachcentre.com
      Thanks again, Steph
      --- In feline-heart@y..., "sallymerlin" <sallymerlin@y...> wrote:
      > Dear friends,
      >
      > Reading the posts from the week-end has been quite
      triggering....so
      > many people going thru so much grief and sadness...prayers of
      comfort
      > go out to all. This is a tough group to be a part of, but the
      support
      > and compassion is wonderful.
      >
      > For anyone who is suffering from loss, grief or overwhelm from
      > taking care of chronically ill pets may I offer this;
      >
      > Bach Flower Essence remedies are excellent for times like these.
      > There are several different ones to choose from but if you can only
      > get one, get their "Rescue Remedy". This can be indespensible for
      you
      > and your pet when any big trauma occurs. You should take a drop or
      two
      > under the toungue and then you can put a drop on your finger and
      rub
      > it on your kitties feet. It REALLY helps support emotional calming
      and
      > soothing.
      >
      > For sudden loss/trauma also try Star of Bethlehem, and/or Walnut.
      >
      > For feeling overly concerned for another try Red Chestnut.
      >
      > For physical and emotional exhaustion because of caring for
      another
      > try Olive.
      >
      > There are many more.
      >
      > I find that they are the ONLY thing that I can take internally
      that
      > help with the emotional system/feelings. Anyone who has had a
      > traumatic loss might be greatly helped by trying these
      tinctures...and
      > anytime we "revisit" our original loss/trauma and the feelings can
      > come up again, then is a good time to take some more...
      >
      > My heart goes out to all the brave and loving kitties who blessed
      > the hearts and homes of those who's stories we share...it is a
      Great
      > Mystery how these creatures can touch us so deeply.
      >
      > Without meaning to offend anyone's spiritual beliefs here, a dear
      > friend of mine once said in reply to someone who had lost a dear
      pet
      > "The Great Mother wanted him back in her lap"...it is a comforting
      > image in my mind...that soon my Muffin will be purring on the "lap
      of
      > the Great Mother"...until then, I get to have the honour.
      >
      > Please try some of the Bach Flower Essences...I think they may
      help
      > you in your time of sadness and loss.
      >

      > Very best wishes to All,
      >
      > Sally
    • sallymerlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 12:53 PM
        Hi Steph,

        After looking thru my reference materials, I would say that Rescue
        Remedy is perfectly fine to use if you have nothing else. But if you
        have access to the remedies, ROCK ROSE is specifically formulated for
        Terror and I think this is probably how most felines feel about
        heading out to the vet's so it would also be a good one to use on the
        way to the vet's. On the way home, Rescue remedy or Star of Bethlehem
        is good as well.

        I have a friend who places a FRESH catnip toy in the carrying crate
        when she travels...maybe Gus would like that as well?

        Good luck!

        Sally

      • Lynnie Henderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 1:09 PM
          Actually, Rescue Remedy contains both Rock Rose and Star of Bethlehem, plus
          Clematis, Impatiens and Cherry Plum. The combination is designed to not only
          relieve fear and anxiety, but also to treat other possible results of trauma
          (anger, restlessness, etc.). Much simpler just to use Rescue Remedy!
          Lynnie