For shock, trauma and loss

  • sallymerlin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2002
      Dear friends,

      Reading the posts from the week-end has been quite triggering....so
      many people going thru so much grief and sadness...prayers of comfort
      go out to all. This is a tough group to be a part of, but the support
      and compassion is wonderful.

      For anyone who is suffering from loss, grief or overwhelm from
      taking care of chronically ill pets may I offer this;

      Bach Flower Essence remedies are excellent for times like these.
      There are several different ones to choose from but if you can only
      get one, get their "Rescue Remedy". This can be indespensible for you
      and your pet when any big trauma occurs. You should take a drop or two
      under the toungue and then you can put a drop on your finger and rub
      it on your kitties feet. It REALLY helps support emotional calming and
      soothing.

      For sudden loss/trauma also try Star of Bethlehem, and/or Walnut.

      For feeling overly concerned for another try Red Chestnut.

      For physical and emotional exhaustion because of caring for another
      try Olive.

      There are many more.

      I find that they are the ONLY thing that I can take internally that
      help with the emotional system/feelings. Anyone who has had a
      traumatic loss might be greatly helped by trying these tinctures...and
      anytime we "revisit" our original loss/trauma and the feelings can
      come up again, then is a good time to take some more...

      My heart goes out to all the brave and loving kitties who blessed
      the hearts and homes of those who's stories we share...it is a Great
      Mystery how these creatures can touch us so deeply.

      Without meaning to offend anyone's spiritual beliefs here, a dear
      friend of mine once said in reply to someone who had lost a dear pet
      "The Great Mother wanted him back in her lap"...it is a comforting
      image in my mind...that soon my Muffin will be purring on the "lap of
      the Great Mother"...until then, I get to have the honour.

      Please try some of the Bach Flower Essences...I think they may help
      you in your time of sadness and loss.

      Very best wishes to All,

      Sally
    • gussielou49
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
        Sally, That was really nice of you to post. Very thoughtful! I've
        been using Rescue Rememdy on myself for a few years for various
        things in my life. I was wondering if these tinctures are OK to give
        to our hcm babies who are on medication. I'm bringing Gus to a
        cardiologist this weekend for the first time and it's about 1 1/2
        hours away. I thought of giving him the RR but wasn't sure. Any
        thoughts or suggestions on a long travel w/ my sweetie?
        The Bach web site is: www.bachcentre.com
        Thanks again, Steph

      • sallymerlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
          Hi Steph,

          After looking thru my reference materials, I would say that Rescue
          Remedy is perfectly fine to use if you have nothing else. But if you
          have access to the remedies, ROCK ROSE is specifically formulated for
          Terror and I think this is probably how most felines feel about
          heading out to the vet's so it would also be a good one to use on the
          way to the vet's. On the way home, Rescue remedy or Star of Bethlehem
          is good as well.

          I have a friend who places a FRESH catnip toy in the carrying crate
          when she travels...maybe Gus would like that as well?

          Good luck!

          Sally

        • Lynnie Henderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
            Actually, Rescue Remedy contains both Rock Rose and Star of Bethlehem, plus
            Clematis, Impatiens and Cherry Plum. The combination is designed to not only
            relieve fear and anxiety, but also to treat other possible results of trauma
            (anger, restlessness, etc.). Much simpler just to use Rescue Remedy!
            Lynnie