Simon

  • emily37215
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 14 7:47 PM
      No, I have not taken him to a cardiologist...any suggestions as to
      how to locate one? I am in Nashville, TN, but will travel if
      needed. Thanks.
    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 14 8:13 PM
        I highly recommend a visit to a vet cardiologist. You can ask
        your vet for a reference, or you can start by looking here:

        http://www.acvim.org/Kittleson/search.htm

      • Lynnie Henderson
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15 6:33 AM
          You may need a referral from your vet for a cardiologist. Ask and see if
          s/he can give you one. My vet works closely with a diagnostic clinic here
          (Dallas) and it's really nice to have the teamwork approach.
          Lynnie
        • emily37215
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2002
            Well we went to the cardiologist. His blood
            pressure, taken of course in his foot, is perfect, as was his heart
            rate! She did another ultrasound, and said most of his heart
            is w/in normal, only minimal thickening. She took him
            off the enalopril and off the aspirin and put him on
            cardizem CD 45 mg once/day. She said she would, if it
            was her, not put him on any medicine until we do a
            repeat ultrasound in 6-9 mo and see if there is any
            progression, b/c she said Maine Coons have larger
            hearts than other cats and it may be normal. But I
            have been in such an emotional upheaval, I was not
            ready to abandon medical intervention, b/c if he dies,
            then I will blame myself. But after calming down, I
            may take her advice. He took the pill OK tonight, but
            in 2 weeks I take him back for a blood test for..I
            think...kidney function due to the med. Why am I
            choosing to subject him to a dangerous med if I dont
            have to? I just need to calm down! I just love him
            so much, I want to do the right thing, but am having a
            hard time deciding that that is!

            Emily
          • emilywalter <e1e2e3@msn.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2003
              Is in great shape...the cardiologist says his heart has not
              progressed one bit since last year! Yay!

              Emily
            • lois_051958 <ljones432@earthlink.net>
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
                Yeah!!! Wonderful news, just what I like to here.
                I happy for you and Simon.

                I know I would be estatic if I got the same news when Gizmo goes for
                his recheck in 4 months.

                Keep up the good work,

                Lois

                --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "emilywalter <e1e2e3@m...>"
                <e1e2e3@m...> wrote:
                > Is in great shape...the cardiologist says his heart has not
                > progressed one bit since last year! Yay!
                >
                > Emily
              • GARY BODINE
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2003
                  That's wonderful!! My Tigger has his first re-check (one year after his
                  initial echocardiogram and diagnosis) at the end of January. I'm hoping my
                  little one gets the same great news you did!!

                  I'm so happy for you!
                  Dana and Tigger

                  > Is in great shape...the cardiologist says his heart has not
                  > progressed one bit since last year! Yay!
                  >
                  > Emily

                • Mike & Linda Irrgang
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2003
                    This is wonderful news for Simon...We are so happy for both of you. !!!

                    Linda and Pum

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 23, 2004
                      has a normal thyroid, which is bad news for me. So I am stuck with a
                      sick and declining cat and no easy way out. But I have decided that,
                      since he is so easily agitated, to have a mobile vet come to my home
                      next week to get a more accurate blood pressure. I figure, with the
                      facts that he was:
                      A) in a vet, which he hates
                      B) away from me, which he hates
                      C) being handled by a man and a stranger, both of which he hates
                      D) having his tail messed with, which, once again, he hates

                      of course his BP was high. I will feel better knowing what it is at
                      home, with him mommy, in his normal environment, and with a woman
                      taking it! Has anyone found home readings to be lower? I hope it
                      will be lower than his 250/195 reading last week...

                      Emily (PS my email here does not work...)
                    • emilywalter2002
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 26, 2004
                        OK, I'm going to make this shorter so maybe I'll get a response:

                        Does anyone know if home blood pressure readings are lower, or am I
                        grasping at straws?

                        Emily

                        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "emilywalter2002"