Re: [feline-heart] Fwd: I'm new...and I have a question

  • Melody N Woods
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2000
      Go buy baby food turkey or chicken like gerbers get it in
      supermarket........make sure it has no onions..and add a tiny bit of
      water..also go to health food store and add a tiny amount of taurine to
      baby food which you can buy from there...then either see if she will eat or
      buy a dropper and very slowly hand feed her thirty dropper falls every day
      till she eats also go out and buy nutrical form Petmart and feed her that as
      well
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2000
        Diane, Don't I recognize you from the CRF list ? What Melody suggested
        about the baby food and taurine is probably the best/easiest/safest thing to
        do. We used that routine on Angel Hobbes (CRF) when he wouldn't eat and he
        loved the baby food so much it became a staple ( a sneaky treat with meds
        installed ) . We since have used it with Calvin ( HCM) for his heart meds
        cause he is UNPILLABLE. Works Great !!!

        Huggs, Purrs, and <<< WHITE LIGHT >>>

        Steve and Robin, Calvin and Angels Hobbes and Tarbaby
      • diane@mathermotorsports.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2000
          Hi, yes I'm from the CRF list, but that wasn't my post. It was sent
          to me as a list owner and I forwarded it. I should have put an intro
          explaining, but I was at work and in a rush. Sorry! :)

          At 7:54 PM -0400 7/11/00, SteveMahanes@... wrote:
          >Diane, Don't I recognize you from the CRF list ? What Melody suggested
          >about the baby food and taurine is probably the best/easiest/safest thing to
          >do. We used that routine on Angel Hobbes (CRF) when he wouldn't eat and he
          >loved the baby food so much it became a staple ( a sneaky treat with meds
          >installed ) . We since have used it with Calvin ( HCM) for his heart meds
          >cause he is UNPILLABLE. Works Great !!!
          >
          >Huggs, Purrs, and <<< WHITE LIGHT >>>
          >
          >Steve and Robin, Calvin and Angels Hobbes and Tarbaby

          Diane
          74 MII Ghia
          http://www.74ghia.com

          Mustang II Registry!!!
          http://www.racer.net/mathermotors/registry/registry.html
        • MrGoji@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2000
            when I have needed to get my cat or dog to drink water, I've mixed it with
            broth, either chicken or beef, and that has usually done the trick. foodwise,
            I'm sure you have tried all of her favorites . . . but keep trying things!
            Have you tried baby food yet? there are so many different kinds, you have a
            lot of options. my girl likes the meat or the meat + veggies.
            also - you know sometimes they need to not eat for a while, maybe it is just
            that? well you know your cat, though. Good luck, don't give up, and know that
            we are all mentally working with you.
            Beth
          • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 15, 2000
              Steve,
              Unpillable types can get heart meds in liquid form in a tuna flavored base. It
              costs a little more but I used it for years and it's great.