Re: [FH] How much Sub=Q's for an HCM girl

  • Bill & Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 4:56 PM
      Hi Shelley,

      That's a fine balancing act. And it depends on how bad the HCM is.

      We give Mittens 100ml a day, but his HCM is not bad, and he is a big cat
      (over 20#). Large cats can tolerate more fluids.

      I checked with the cardiologist before we started fluids, and he said
      Mittens could handle what he needs, but be on the lookout for fluid
      accumulation. We have a scale, and if he suddenly gained weight we would
      be concerned about fluid accumulation.

      Linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7 3:04 AM
        Thanks Linda.

        Mittens sure is a big boy! Gloria's only slightly over
        8 lbs - I'm going to take it day be day.

        Shelley
        --- Bill & Linda Fischbach <fischbl@...>

        http://mail.yahoo.com/