Re: [FH] Mocha Update

  • VHess2000@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2002
      My cat Kira, also had Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, and there is little info on
      this condition on the internet. She was diagnosed at about the time she
      turned 4, when she suffered a severe blood clot. A vet a couple of years
      earlier thought she heard a murmur though, but didn't act very concerned.

      My cat Kira, also had Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, and there is little info on
      this condition on the internet. She had damage to both sides of the heart,
      though, which apparently was unusual. She was diagnosed at about the time
      she turned 4, when she suffered a severe blood clot. Further clots appeared
      in her heart, during her ultrasound. If I had it to do I did not have a
      cardiologist available in my area (the nearest was about a 3 1/2 hour drive
      away, and Kira simply stressed too badly for such a long ride. If I had to
      do it again, I probably would have sedated her and transported her to either
      Atlanta or Raleigh for a cardiac consult. The vet who diagnosed her
      condition simply performed a lot of ultrasounds, but I don't think he really
      knew what he was talking about. A cardiologist would have prescribed
      different med's, and would have evaluated her progress closer. The vet who
      first diagnosed Kira, (I found, after the fact) believed she would be dead in
      72 hours, anyways. When she suffered another blood clot six months later, he
      joked that he was amazed when I called in for perscription refills every
      month, because he thought she was dead.