Re: [FH] Gloria Vet up-date,thank you for the Carafate

  • Lynnie Henderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
      Just for the sake of making sure, ask the vet if the numbers could point to
      Addison's disease. (If s/he says that cats don't get Addison's disease, ask
      the vet to pretend that they do.) In Punky's case, the source of all of his
      many problems in the last few months of his life turned out to be Addison's.
      Dehydration was a particular problem and, although it often goes along with
      kidney disease, too, in his case fluids were not enough to solve it. Once we
      started giving him pred, though, the dehydration was no longer unmanageable.
      It was too late for him because his body had failed too much, but I would
      definitely want to rule out AD. I think if we'd treated the adrenal failure
      earlier, he would not have deteriorated so much.
      Worth asking, at least!
    • shelley seidman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
        Hi..I'm sorry that you ost Punky. This is so
        difficult. Gloria has been on pred and it seems to
        make the thirst worse - would that be Addison's??
        Thank you for the idea and will begin researching
        ASAP.

        Shelley & Gloria
        --- Lynnie Henderson <lynnie_henderson@...>

        http://mail.yahoo.com/