Mimi and Bella

  • zellenesa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2002
      Melody, I am sorry that today is a sad one for you. I hope Mimi is
      running and playing with my Katchina at the Rainbow Bridge.

      As for Bella falling, one thing that comes to mind, especially since
      she's also in kidney failure, is low potassium, which can cause rear
      leg weakness. I'm sure you've probably tested for this, but sometimes
      the bloodwork doesn't show the true amount of potassium in the
      muscles. My Widgie's legs are weaker now, and since she's on
      diuretics I always ask to have the potassium checked. I also give her
      a couple of raisins each day because they are high in potassium.
      Pumpkin also has a good amount and the added advantage of fiber for
      kitties with constipation issues.

      Hope tomorrow will be a better day...