Happy 11th Birthday to our heart kitty, Pablo!

  • sotoaj
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26 10:00 PM

      Hello Yahoo Feline Heart Group,
      I'd like to pass some great news - our heart kitty, Pablo, turns 11 years old this week!! πŸŽ‚ 🎢 He was diagnosed with HCM at age 2 (in 2005). We love him too much and are thankful every day! ❀️

      He will celebrate with his 3 feline siblings (Nicky, Gracie, and Mei Mei) and his two dads. Because of his HCM, he hasn't received cat treats for many years but we will give him a steamed shrimp (as we do from time to time). He loves to eat steamed lobster and shrimp. And fresh fruit too, such as strawberries and peaches. He even drank a martini once! 🍸He still has the spirit of a kitten, often chasing his brothers and sisters.

      Over the past 9 years, Pablo has responded very well to all his medication therapies. He had congestive heart failure (no reoccurrence since 4/2013) and many other health scares (you guys are very familiar health scares). In addition to HCM, Pablo has hyperthyroidism (and takes meds every 12 hours for this condition). We manually pill him twice a day and he is compliant (e.g., very agreeable to getting pills & liquid put down his throat). He is a trooper.

      We know his health is very fragile so we cherish every moment with him!! 🐱 πŸ‘¬πŸ±

      In honor of his birthday, we will light a candle for the heart kitties that precede him in death. We will say a prayer for them too.  πŸ™

      You are our King Pablo!! We love you.

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27 10:45 AM
        Happy birthday Pablo and may there be many more! He's a real inspiration to your hard work and love:)

        Lyn

        www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)
      • penny siegel
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27 12:35 PM
          Happy birthday Pablo, and many, many more.Β  He must be so happy to defy all the odds.Β  Penny

          On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Elfinmyst elfinmyst@... [feline-heart] <feline-heart-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Happy birthday Pablo and may there be many more! He's a real inspiration to your hard work and love:)

        • gypsyrose190
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27 5:33 PM
            Congratulations Pablo and Happy Birthday.. You give all our Heart Kitties hope in living a longer life than the Drs. predict.. !!!!!!! :)