Angel May

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2014
      On August 3 at 1145pm, the love of my life, Miss May, departed this world for the next.  She was lucid and affectionate up to the last few hours and her cardiologist, some knowledgeable friends, a vet tech, and a euthanasia vet all advised and supported me in how to handle the final few days.  She was not in pain, her heart and kidneys just wore out, gently and finally.

      She was diagnosed with crf 5 years ago and given 1-2 to live.  Heart issues arose 18 months ago and she was given 4-6 months with concurrent conditions.  She was a fighter and worked with me to keep going as long as she wanted to and was able.  We joined the heart list and found invaluable information, support, and advice here.  Thank you all for that.

      She came with my house 18 years ago and lived to 22 yrs, 6 months and 9 days.  As too many of you know, there are no words to describe the emptiness.  Though I do feel her floating free now and our connection continues.  I wish this for all of you, when the time comes.  I was truly blessed  and am grateful to have had her grace my life.  Nobody will ever touch my heart as deeply as she.

      I’ve learned an incredible amount over this time and when the dust settles, I plan to keep reading this list and offering support and information where I can.

      I cross posted a version of this on the crf list, so sorry for any duplication.

      Thank you all.  I wish you and your kitties the best.

      -Lee and spirit May

    • CLPlatts
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2014

        So sorry for your loss. Angel May obviously had a great life with you as she was a venerable old cat for one without health issues. It speaks volumes to your mutual love and caring for each other that she was here so long.

        Cherie P

      • JOSIE NEWMAN
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2014
          so sorry to hear this Lee. it is heart-wrenching to lose them, regardless of how old they are. I know cause I recently lost my dear, dear Chloie and she was just 15. I continue questioning whether if I had known about nattakinoose she might have resolved the clot she had and lived longer. I pray you continue finding peace and feel a strong sense of May's presence.

          Josie, and Chloie April 199 to May 28 2014

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 26, 2014
            I'm so sorry. I've been there too. It's been 5 months and there is not a second I don't miss my sweet Tiger. It's so clear in your post that you loved your May so very deeply. They are so loving and give us unconditional love that the void they leave is sometimes too much. But as time passes the wounds heal a little bit at a time.

            Hang in there, Emily, 4/ever Tiger's mom.