Low sodium foods

  • jenrvt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2014

      In an effort to do everything possible to keep my kitty from having fluid buildup I want to try to keep his food as low sodium as possible. I've been sticking with canned food for seniors, but there are not a lot of brands out there that carry a senior canned food. With all of you out there is there a chance someone has researched and found some low sodium foods?  TIA!

      Jen & Rufus

    • JOSIE NEWMAN
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2014
        feeding Pets 4Life is the most natural food you can get. it comes with a variety of bases, including salmon, chicken etc. it is frozen and you take out the amount you want each day and thaw and then feed.

        also, Addiction is the most natural of canned food I've ever found and I've spent hrs and hrs researching this stuff. it is shipped in from new zealand and is sold in several pet food stores. you would need to google to find out which store in your area sells it. I am in Canada, not the US, so our stores are different.

        both of the foods I cited are much better than "vet-prescribed' or a lot of other foods. most canned food is loaded with carageenan which is bad for anybody. my" angel" heart cat Chloie had gastro issues which improved considerably once she was on both foods and her creatnine count went down too and was then always well within the normal range. makes sense that the same foods which make people sick make animals sick too.

        Josie, in memory of Chloie, April 1999 to May 28, 2014

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
        From: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 06:56:45 -0700
        Subject: [FH] Low sodium foods