Bodie is acting like his old self!

  • lindsaaayerin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 12:21 PM
      Last week I persuaded the vet to prescribe antibiotics for Bodie. A month and a half ago I thought he had an upper respiratory infection so I brought him to the vet, where they found his heart problem instead. I kept stressing that he also had an URI but they pretty much ignored me, saying his symptoms were from his heart issues. Then at his follow-up appointment at his regular vet two weeks later, I mentioned his URI symptoms, and that vet ignored me, too. After Bodie seemed utterly miserable last week (I really thought I was going to lose him, he was not well), I talked the vet into giving me antibiotics. The vet told me he didn't think they would help. The vet was dead wrong!! Bodie is acting like himself 100%. I never thought I'd have my old Bodie back. You can't tell at all that he's sick anymore. All of his symptoms are better. I KNEW he had an URI! I knew it. They told me he only has months to live and all this stuff, and maybe that is the case, but if they had just listened to me in the first place, they would have prescribed antibiotics and not even seen his heart. I wonder how long he would have lived without any heart symptoms! I am glad we caught the condition since maybe the medications will help him, maybe this whole thing was a blessing in disguise, but I wish they had given me antibiotics in the first place! He's my 4th cat. I know cat illnesses when I see them! The poor cat has had an URI for a month and a half and has been suffering this whole time. Does anyone remember how I asked about his sneezing, and a bunch of you recommended the L-Lysine? It was the URI the whole time!!! It's like he's been brought back from the dead - he's a cuddly, crazy kitty again. He's following me around everywhere when he was in hiding 90% of the time while he was sick, he's chasing my other cat around, he's running around. You'd have no idea that he has heart problems or anything if you saw him! His issues were just from the URI! I just had to share. :) I am obviously continuing his heart meds and I am still paying attention to that, but my stress has been greatly relieved for the time being!
      -Lindsay

    • Jordan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 8:47 AM
        Hi Lindsey,

        So pleased to hear Bodie is feeling better.    URI need to be well controlled in heart kitties.  So I am glad you advocated and insisted on the a/b for him.   No one knows your kitty betterthan you.

        Good job!!

        Hugs
        Jordan and Sheba
      • Elfinmyst
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 12:27 PM
          That's great news and shows how important it is. We know our kitties well, my vet always listens to my intuition and discusses it with me. I`m so glad he is feeling better, some of the infections are very nasty. If the Lysine helped I`d keep taking it for a while longer too.

          Lyn

          www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)