Experimental surgery

  • lesd92118
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hi everyone,
      I'm very grateful for this group. Though I have just joined, I have
      been reading and learning from all of you. For the past month my
      little 10 month old girl "Chloe" has been battling congestive heart
      failure and repeated draining of her chest cavity. She was diagnosed
      with a heart murmur at 3 months. The ultrasound found a supravalular
      pulmonic stenosis (narrowing in branch of pulmonary artery). The
      cardiologist placed her on meds- furosemide,enalapril,atenolol. They
      did not seem to work no matter how he changed the dosages. Chloe got
      to the point of being drained weekly. On Feb 20 Chloe's brillant
      doctors performed an operation to fix the stenosis. My understanding
      is this is performed on dogs but not cats because of their size
      (Chloe's may be the first).I had no choice, she was dying. I wanted
      her to go out fighting.
      I writing you with Chloe sitting next to the computer, breathing
      slowly and looking like her chest is fluid free. I will no more
      Monday at her check-up. All I know is I have more time with her.
      Whether it's only a few weeks, though I'm hoping for a few years,
      doctors can now do amazing things. The surgeon initially did not
      think Chloe would make it through surgery but my cardo doc thought if
      anyone could do it she could. he was right.
      I'm hoping for a happy ending as all of you hope for your little
      fury ones. Someday Vets will be able to fight heart problems but we
      need to keep asking, and demanding that they don't give up. Thanks
      again for being a great source and support.

      Linda and Chloe in San Diego.
    • shelley seidman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hi Linda

        I am rooting for your brave little Chloe and Gloria
        has her paws crossed.

        Shelley and Gloria

        http://sports.yahoo.com
      • gussielou49
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
          Linda,
          We're thinking of you both here wish you the very best! Chloe is
          very fortunate to be embraced by your strength, love and support!
          Keep us posted. Steph & Gus