Not really eating much

  • gypsyrose190
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2014

      Around 10 days ago Grey (1year old, HCM diagnosed in March), stopped eating as much as he usually ate. I took him to the ER and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. He was on Royal Canin pea and rabbit for over 4 months for skin allergies.  I figured maybe he was sick of that food. When we came home from the ER, I gave him a food that he use to eat before the pea and rabbit and he ate it. He ate it for 8 days and now he seems to really not want it. I bought all kinds and brands and have been opening cans, and he looks and walks away. I thought maybe he was nauseous but the the ER Dr said she didn't think so.. There is no vomiting. He will eat pure bite freeze dried turkey. I gave him a dose of Pepcid a little while ago to see if that would help. I don't know what to try and feed him next.  Any suggestions???

    • Mikel Delgado
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2014

        It sounds like classic nausea to me. He might need more than pepcid.

        On Jul 27, 2014 9:58 AM, "JANROSE828@... [feline-heart]" <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Around 10 days ago Grey (1year old, HCM diagnosed in March), stopped eating as much as he usually ate. I took him to the ER and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. He was on Royal Canin pea and rabbit for over 4 months for skin allergies.  I figured maybe he was sick of that food. When we came home from the ER, I gave him a food that he use to eat before the pea and rabbit and he ate it. He ate it for 8 days and now he seems to really not want it. I bought all kinds and brands and have been opening cans, and he looks and walks away. I thought maybe he was nauseous but the the ER Dr said she didn't think so.. There is no vomiting. He will eat pure bite freeze dried turkey. I gave him a dose of Pepcid a little while ago to see if that would help. I don't know what to try and feed him next.  Any suggestions???

      • Elfinmyst
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4 5:25 AM
          Hi

          How is Grey doing? I was wondering if there is an update on his eating..

          Lyn

          www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)
        • Janet
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5 5:07 PM
            Thanks for asking, Lynn. He is eating and doing better.

            Sent from Janet's IPad