Re: [FH] Hi I'm new(Lisa)

  • Debbie Graham
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
      Lisa and Bean,

      Thanks, I feel better knowing Chief could live a long life but not as long as my 17 and 18 year old, but knowing he isn't going to be leaving me anytime soon sure helps. He is on Atenolol 1/2 a day too. He goes back in 2 weeks to see if that dose is doing what it needs to do. If his heart rate is above 150 I will have to give it to him twice a day. What is the Lasix for?

      I do have a regular vet but Chief will be seeing a cardiologist for this condition. In 3 months he will go back for another ultrasound to see if it had progressed or not. I took him to a specialized clinic on suggestion from my regular vet.

      I feel a lot better knowing he can still lead a healthy life, but getting him to slow down is going to be hard, he just goes and goes.........lol

      Debbie and Chief

    • peggy baldwin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- Debbie Graham <debgram_2000@...> wrote:

        > Lisa and Bean,
        >
        > Thanks, I feel better knowing Chief could live a
        > long life but not as long as my 17 and 18 year old,
        > but knowing he isn't going to be leaving me anytime
        > soon sure helps. He is on Atenolol 1/2 a day too.
        > He goes back in 2 weeks to see if that dose is doing
        > what it needs to do. If his heart rate is above 150
        > I will have to give it to him twice a day. What is
        > the Lasix for?
        >
        > I do have a regular vet but Chief will be seeing a
        > cardiologist for this condition. In 3 months he
        > will go back for another ultrasound to see if it had
        > progressed or not. I took him to a specialized
        > clinic on suggestion from my regular vet.
        >
        > I feel a lot better knowing he can still lead a
        > healthy life, but getting him to slow down is going
        > to be hard, he just goes and goes.........lol
        >
        > Debbie and Chief

        > removed]

        Dear Debbie,
        My Maxie is on Lasix it is ti remove the fluid
        around her heart she has been on Lasix and Atenlol for
        2 years now and is doing well.
        Peggy

        http://sports.yahoo.com
      • Mike & Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
          hi lisa, you are so right on the nickel about everything you say....thx for
          the uplifting words...i needed them today.....

          have a great day,

          linda and the boys

          From: "debgram_2000" <debgram_2000@...>
          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [FH] Hi I'm new
          Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:35:45 -0000
          From sentto-482138-5028-1014921362-lisaasr Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:40:12 -0800

          Hi my name is Debbie and my 1 year old cat Chief was diagnosed with
          hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy yesterday. They found it
          actually by accident went doing an exam on him. He was at the
          Columbus MedVet for an ultrasound on his bladder for occuring urine
          infections. As the vet was listening to his heart she said she heard
          a murmur and it was quite loud 4/6 grade. She sent him to a
          cardiologist(sp?) and the ultrasound found that. He is on Atenolol
          once a day to slow his heart rate down. They want it less than 150
          beats per min. and if it isn't then we have to go to 2 times a day.
          He will be checked again in 2 weeks, then in 3 months for another
          ultrasound to see how fast it's progressing or if it is or not.

          Debbie and Chief