Squeaker's Echo

  • anita_hamer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2014

      Squeaker went for his latest echo on 10 July. The findings were great news.

      "Appearance of mild-moderate cardiomegaly, improved cardiac size with continued increase in craniocaudal orientation of the cardiac silhouette."

      "If" all goes well his next check will be in 6 months (prior to this we have been going every 3 months). His diuretic (Torsemide) has been steadily reduced and he is currently on 0.1 mL once daily as well as Pimobendan 1.25 mg twice daily. "If" we can make it to the next echo and that looks good then it is likely that the diuretic will be withdrawn. The cardiologist was very pleased with the improvements that she saw and a little surprised.

      Keeping our fingers crossed.

      Anita and Squeaker

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2014

        Great news!
        I`ve also had kitties improve too on drugs, some seem to have a stable stage for several years. It's so important to get the drugs early and I`ve had good experience of Pimobendan too.

        Lyn
        www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)