Please Help

  • leeanncohen2512
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2014

      Sunshine is still not feeling better....the heart Dr. gave her an injection of lasix yesterday...i gave her a 12.5  last night...she really is NOT peeing that much..she had been going much more the last week...constantly when she was on her regular dose which was half of a 12.5 twice a day.

        Her kidney values yesterday were high but stable before the vet gave the lasix injection and sent me home with the dosage.

        She doesn't want to eat..i am assist feeding and that stresses her out and makes her breath worse.

        I spent the last 36 hours in an er and cardiologist office and have slept probably a total of 3 hours...Please someone tell me what i should or should not be doing.

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2014
        Hi there

        Not peeing is a medical emergency and can mean the kidneys have shut down. I am sorry if this will frighten you but if she is peeing less on higher lasix, then you must go to the emergency again. It is difficult to balance the two put not impossible. I can not tell you the best course of action, only you can decide that but I urge you to read Tanya's CRF site, (do google search) to get as much information as possible and also helps with making difficult decisions. Look into her eyes and see if it is time. Is she eating, drinking, walking about? If so, that is a quality of life. This sounds awful but I always ask myself is the decision to continue for my benefit or kitty's benefit. And when it is time, I let them go peacefully and with love. But decrease in peeing I`m afraid is an emergency.

        Lyn

        www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)