Please help be save my cats from being banned in California!

  • Marisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2014
      PLEASE help me to save my beloved cats in California. There is currently a petition to ban hybrid cats, including savannahs, and if this petition goes through, my beloved family members will most likely either be destroyed or sent to a "sanctuary" where they will be forced to live in a cage with virtually no human contact. This petition claims that savannahs are all crazed wild animals with behavior problems who are a danger to public health, and society in general. Any of you who know me and our family know that this is ludicrous. Those of you who have not met them can easily see from all of our photos that the claim is ridiculous and false. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sign and share this petition. Thank you for your help.  Time is of the essence.  There is a hearing August 6th.

      Here is the link for the petition.  If it does not work, please cut and paste instead.  Thanks again!

      http://www.change.org/ petitions/charlton-h-bonham- stop-breed-discrimination- leave-california-s-hybrid- cats-alone

      Marisa

      Marisa Y. Katnic'
      marisakatnic@...
    • carolroars
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2014
        Hi everyone.

        Unfortunately, I have to flex my moderator muscles here.  Thankfully we don't need to do this very often, but I need to address this.  It has come to my attention that a member of this feline-heart group sent a disparaging email privately to the author of this post about the petition for the hybrid cats.  Regardless of what your views are on hybrid cats, there is no reason to attack the author of a post, where she is only trying to make life save for her own cats.

        It is NOT appropriate to privately email anyone from this group with negative emails.  Any members who do this will be put on notice, and if it occurs again, you may be subject to be removed from the group.

        Being a member of this group also means you are RESPECTFUL of other members.

        There will be NO discussion about this.  Thank you for your cooperation.

        Carol Rohr
        Moderator
        feline-heart