Chloie's passing

  • JOSIE NEWMAN
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2014
      well, I didn't think I would be in this position so soon but here I am. my dear little girl had a "sudden" onset of a clot and two hrs later was no longer with me. that was wednesday evening. I was mentally prepared for almost eight months since she became congestive and knew the high odds of her developing a clot and forming a saddle thrombus, but my grief and loss is no less in spite of this. so I knew exactly what to do when i saw her hind legs swaying just moments after bounding down the stairs on her way out to the back deck for her evening stroll. I checked to be sure I was right a couple of times and I was, unfortunately. so poor little Chloie quickly got packed into her cage and we were on the highway to the emerg clinic which is closest to me and knows her whole history. she cried twice in pain on the way there and that was enough for me to know it was time to say goodbye to her. I thought she died in the cage on the way there bec she curled up in a ball, I assume from pain and fear. my fears were confirmed as soon the the vet, who is one of the kindest I know, looked her over at the clinic and said both hind legs were completely without feeling any more.

      her passing went as peacefully and seamlessly as it could have. I do not believe she deserved for a minute to suffer, be afraid, or realize she could not walk anymore so I decided within half an hour to have it done while she was still calm and before she realized her hind legs were not working or before she went through more pain. he gave her a shot of morphine and brought her to me. she was much more calm and chilled out and lay in my arms for around an hour. the vet stayed three hrs beyond his shift to be with Chloie and I and talked to me as long as I needed. Chloie lay in my arms and looked peaceful and happy bec she was stoned on morphine. then he gave her a pre-anesthetic which made her fall asleep in my arms and then the final meedle. I held her for another hr and it seemed as if she was just asleep. she looked sweet and untroubled once she got the shot of morphine and I could not have asked for anything more in such a horrible situation. the vet also took three pictures of us just a half hour before her transition. I will send them in the next email so you can see my little girl just before she passed the rainbow bridge enroute to kitty heaven.

      if anybody feels so inclined, plse light a candle for my little girl Chloie this evening at 7 pm. I will be acknowledging her wonderful and loving life at that time and lighting a candle for her. she will be cremated this week and I will have a funeral service for her at my home with a minister I know. in my opinion, she was my lttle girl, whether cat or human it does not matter and her passing will be marked in the same manner. she will always be greatly loved and always hold a special placed in my heart and mind.

      thanks for all your support and answers to questions I have asked on this site and all the best to you with your precious heart kitties.

      Josie, in memory of dear Cloie April, 1999 to May 28, 2014

    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2014
        Oh, it broke my heart to read this.  I am so sorry for your loss. This shows just how this terrible disease can turn on a dime.  But she was so blessed to have you to take care of her, especially during her illness.  And she gave you all her love in return. But she is now young and healthy again and waiting for you at the Bridge -- I know we will see our little ones again.  It is very comforting to have the ashes.  I have my soul-kitty Pooh in a little gray urn on the bookcase in the hallway, and give him a kiss or pat everytime I go by.

        When you feel up to it, please post Chloie's photos on our memorial site so we can all see her beauty.  http://www.AngelKitties.com -- all kitties are welcome, no matter how long they're been in heaven.

        Our sincere condolances,  Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2014
          God Bless you and little Chloie. Please accept my heartfelt condolences... you did everything right and a candle will be lit in her honor and yours...
          Kim Cady

          ____________________________________
          Author/Illustrator
          615-209-0473

        • missmeow63
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2014
            Dear Josie

            I'm really sorry to hear about Chloe's passing,  thinking of you xx

            Mandy & Saphie
          • Jill Santoriello
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2014
              Josie, I'm so sorry to hear this.  It sounds like you were able to give as peaceful and loving a goodbye to Chloie as one could ask for and that the vet and hospital were just fantastic about giving you all the time you needed with her,  so that's such a blessing.  I'll be out at dinner tonight at 7 but promise to remember Chloie with my friend who is also a cat parent. Thinking of you.  Jill

            • Jordan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2014
                Josie,

                I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your sweet baby girl, Chloe.   You did everything EXACTLY right by her.   Most of all, you provided a life of unconditional love and that is the very best we can do.

                Extra hugs,
                Jordan and Sheba