RE: SLEEP

  • gypsyrose190
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2014

      I was wondering if your heart kitties sleep alot.. Grey has been doing alot of sleeping.. His RHR is 5-6 which is good.  He is on Chlortrimetron for skin allergies and I know that makes you more tired but it seems that in the past week he has been sleeping more.. How many hours should a kitten ( 1year old) sleep? Other than that his meds are working good and he seems happy and when he is up he is active. I also think he could be a little bored. .He has plenty of toys and I play with him alot. .He is an inside and only cat and very spoiled.

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2014
        It could be the change in weather that may be causing it but not to worry kitties on average sleep 15hrs... some even more.  If all seems well and the respiration rate is normal, I would just enjoy Grey :)

        On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:14 PM, "JANROSE828@... [feline-heart]" <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I was wondering if your heart kitties sleep alot.. Grey has been doing alot of sleeping.. His RHR is 5-6 which is good.  He is on Chlortrimetron for skin allergies and I know that makes you more tired but it seems that in the past week he has been sleeping more.. How many hours should a kitten ( 1year old) sleep? Other than that his meds are working good and he seems happy and when he is up he is active. I also think he could be a little bored. .He has plenty of toys and I play with him alot. .He is an inside and only cat and very spoiled.

      • Jordan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2014
          How long has he been taking the chlortrimetron?   I noticed that my Sheba was drowsy on it, as well.   So I switched her to Claritin and she seemed to be more alert.

          Hugs,
          Jordan and Sheba