RE: [FH] Interesting article re heart meds

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2002

      Thanks for posting this. I finally got around to reading it &
      while there was a fair amount that I couldn't understand, it was
      still quite helpful.

      > Toward the end of this article, the author states that
      > beta blockers and
      > calcium channel blockers have not been shown to stop
      > severe HCM from getting
      > worse. (So why are we giving them?)

      > http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/sacs/notes/VEM5301.pdf

      I can think of 2 reasons for their use (yes, I'm guessing):

      1) While these drugs have not been shown to ftop HCM from
      worsening, vets believe that they do help.

      2) They improve the quality of life (i.e., the cats feel better).

      JR
      Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Jet