Positive for E Coli!!!

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22 4:12 PM
      Sheba was having a lot of issues today going back and forth to the box.     I called the vet cause I am at my wit's end . . . and the culture came back POSITIVE for eColi!!!

      No wonder my poor girl keeps having this episodes.   They wanted to give her a Covenia injection, but I am extremely reluctant to do that given her sensitivity to medications.

      She is on her way to the vet right now!!
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22 8:05 PM
        Convenia isn't going to address e coli.  Convenia is mostly given for skin infections.

        Sheba was having a lot of issues today going back and forth to the box.     I called the vet cause I am at my wit's end . . . and the culture came back POSITIVE for eColi!!!

        No wonder my poor girl keeps having this episodes.   They wanted to give her a Covenia injection, but I am extremely reluctant to do that given her sensitivity to medications.

        She is on her way to the vet right now!!

      • Jordan Salim
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23 5:11 AM
          I refused convenia. I got her Clavamox instead!!

          Sent from my iPad
        • Carol
          Message 4 of 4 , May 23 11:01 AM
            I've used d-mannose with colloidal silver and it got rid of Fluffy's UTI in two days!  The way I dosed it was 1 teaspoon of d-mannose to 1 tablespoon of water and dosed him every our for 4 doses (4 hours), then one dose the next morning and evening and he pretty much was fine after that.