Sheba on Sunday

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11 4:03 PM
      Sheba has spent the day in a closet where I made a memory foam bed up for her.  She seems more calm and content, is eating and her breathing seems normal.

      The ER vet last night was a little suspect of the metronidazole I got from a compounding pharmacy.    He said there is a "slight" possiblity that it could be a reaction to the drug.    The circling behavior started very close to the time I started this bottle of it so he suggested I stop giving it to her and see what happens.   I have done that and I have seen no circling behavior today.   Hmmm?

      Today she has only gotten her Flovent inhaler and Clavamox.   She is due for her Plavix, Clavamox and her evening Flovent. I am also adding a probiotic to her wet food.   She gives me headbutts and kisses when I approach her, but is not that interested in leaving her small "safe zone".

      My fiancee tested her eyes with a flashlight and got no response to it at all.    We are scheduled to see the cardiologist in the morning.

      Jordan and Sheba
    • marianna.mayer
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11 4:11 PM
        UGh, Jordan. I'm so sorry.
        Why was Sheba Rx metronidazole? That is a tough drug.

        Marianna

        Message 3 of 3 , May 11 4:17 PM
          Hi Jordan

          Sounds as if she is blind, sadly. It might be sudden and she's confused
          and upset, my boys lost their sight overnight but did leave for years
          afterwards, Metronidazole is a very strong antibiotic which affected
          Please read this..
          http://www.vetinfo.com/side-effects-metronidazole.html

          I remember it affected my cat who kept doing paw circling and looked
          weird.

          Lyn

          www.furkids-selkirks.com