Omega 3 fatty acids recommendation needed

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
      Omega 3 fatty acids recommendation needed
      3 weeks ago Kali had her ultrasound. I can scan in the report but here is the gist:

      She has a 1/6 murmur - then it says "slightly thin. OU-NSF"

      Liver, spleen, bladder, adrenals, stomach, other, say NSF
      Kidneys are normal in size, mild decrease consistent with age
      Pancreas, slightly prominent
      Intestine - wall - 2.6mm
      Lymph nodes - slightly prominent mesenteric nodes

      No atrial dilation. Mold asymmetric LV hypertrophy. Proximal septum bulges into the LVOT

      Conclusions:
      Mild renal changes consistent with age
      Normal to equivocally thickened SI?
      Slightly prominent mesenteric nodes?
      Mild asymmetric LV hypertrophy with no atrial dilation
      Hypertension controlled
      Proteinuria - stable on enalapril

      Recommendations:
      Deworm (really???)
      Add omega three fatty acids (need recommendation)
      Continue enalapril and amalodipine at current dose
      (and others)
      Check weight monthly

      Any comments would be greatly appreciated, and I'd love a recommendation on Omega threes. I just sat for a friend who gives a liquid to one of his dogs.

      Kali is not a big fan of wet food. It would be great if I could put something on her KD dry that won't go bad in the course of a day.

      Thanks,
      Diane
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
        Hi Diane,

        I`d go for something like salmon oil for cats, I used to use it in a
        pump bottle but it doesn't seem available. Where are you? Someone else
        may know a good brand.

        Lyn:)

        www.furkids-selkirks.com
      • Westgold
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2014
          Hi -- you can get many kinds of Omega3 from the place I use, puritan.com -- the prices are the best and they ship immediately.  The softgels are very big, but you can just puncture them and squeeze the contents into the food.  They do have pure salmon oil too. I have been using this place for all my supplements for 40 years now.