Holistic treatments for HCM besides the pharmaceuticals

  • gypsyrose190
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014
      Has anyone seen a Holistic Vet for their kitties with HCM?  If so what type of supplements etc did they prescribe for HCM?  I am curious as there is no Holistic Vet around here.
    • Missy Zane
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014
        Sizzle sees a holistic vet. She added fish oil, CoQ10, Feline Cardiac Support and Cataplex to his heart meds. I think most of those are pretty standard supplements that a lot of people here use.
        Missy

        Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:39 PM

        Has anyone seen a Holistic Vet for their kitties with HCM?  If so what type of supplements etc did they prescribe for HCM?  I am curious as there is no Holistic Vet around here.

    • marianna.mayer
      Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014
        Missy,
        Which Cataplex, there is Cataplex C as well as A-C-P, also Cataplex B, Cataplex G and others. Which one was selected for your Sizzle kitty?
        Marianna

        Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014
          For my dog, I used the herbal plan from Five Leaf Pharmacy. He was given 3-6 months to live after his first heart attack, and he lived to almost 15 years old which was about another 4 years.  I then gave the these herbs, which are a liquid, to my cat by putting them in a capsule and giving it to him quickly by popping it down his mouth, when he had fluid in his lungs due to a heart attack. I think by doing this I got to have him live for another 30 to 40 days after he had a serious heart attack. He lived to 18 1/2 years. Always looking for an answer beside the regular prescriptions.

        • Missy Zane
          Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014
            Sorry... Cataplex B
            Missy

            Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:26 PM
            Missy,
            Which Cataplex, there is Cataplex C as well as A-C-P, also Cataplex B, Cataplex G and others. Which one was selected for your Sizzle kitty?
            Marianna
            Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:55 PM
            Sizzle sees a holistic vet. She added fish oil, CoQ10, Feline Cardiac Support and Cataplex to his heart meds. I think most of those are pretty standard supplements that a lot of people here use.
            Missy

            Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:39 PM

            Has anyone seen a Holistic Vet for their kitties with HCM?  If so what type of supplements etc did they prescribe for HCM?  I am curious as there is no Holistic Vet around here.

          • ERIC LEE
            Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2014
              Hello

              I used Vetriscience Cardio strength. A board certified internist read the label and said it was ok to give to my munchkin

              On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:39 PM, "JANROSE828@..." <JANROSE828@...> wrote:

              Has anyone seen a Holistic Vet for their kitties with HCM?  If so what type of supplements etc did they prescribe for HCM?  I am curious as there is no Holistic Vet around here.

            • goddessofgypsies
              Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2014
                There's a holistic pet store near me, and I got DMG (immune support, good stuff), plant enzymes/probiotics (also immune system).  For the heart: US Animal Heart Discovery, L-Carnitine, Dr. Harvey's Coenzyme Q10. Pneumotrophin for lung support.

                --
                All that is gold does not glitter,
                Not all those who wander are lost;