Gump got his wings this morning

  • keycmv
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 12:49 PM
      My handsome little old man crossed the bridge on his own terms this morning.  The balance between HCM and CRF were permanently out of whack.  He had both severe dehydration and a pleural effusion.

      He eagerly drank water this morning.  He looked up at me with absolute recognition in his eyes.  I hopped in the tub and only a few minutes later, Gump's boyfriend of 7 years called out like Lassie calling for help with a little boy in the well.  He was gone in the time it took for my husband to run down the stairs.

      He would have been 21 in August.  In addition to HCM, and CRF - he was hypothyroid and had a suspected brain tumor.  We had him since he was 6 weeks old.  Found with his 2 sisters in a box on the side of the road.  We adopted all 3 of them.

      He was an amazing little man.  He was patient and gentle.  He would sneak onto a lap in stealth mode.  People would find themselves petting a cat before they even knew he was there.  In his last 3 years, he raised 2 kittens, a tough job for an elderly gentleman.  He lived a life well beyond his assigned 9 lives.

      I feel sad and empty, but I know he lived a good life and left this world swiftly.  Our vet said he was an amazing little guy that proved that survival statistics mean absolutely nothing.

      He will be missed by all who were lucky enough to know him.

      Carol and the clowder
    • JOSIE NEWMAN
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 1:02 PM
        hi Carol and the clowder

        what a beautiful epitaph for what sounds like a wonderful kitty-cat. so sorry, though.

        my prayer is that my Chloie -- set to turn just 15 this month and suffering from RCM and CHF -- leaves swiftly on her own terms when the time comes too. so far, she has defied a lot of veterinary expectations and I am praying and hoping she will continue. she is my only kitty baby left.

        Josie and Chloie

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 2:07 PM
          I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Gump, but at the same time, what a wonderful life he had!  long and full of love...hugs to you and your family...Judi and Angels Max and Cleo and Tucer bug

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 2:17 PM
            ´╗┐
            Oh, this is heart breaking.  But it's a testament to your great care of him that he lived so long. He was very blessed to have you to take care of him, especially during his illness.
            and he gave you all his love in return.

            When you feel up to it, please post a little memorial to him on our site http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd love to see his photo and hear how you met, etc.  It sounds like a great story.

            Sincerely,  Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

          • alopekefox
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7 4:24 PM
              What a good long life he had....you were both blessed to have found each other. A home like yours is what I'd wish for all cats! With sympathy.  Diana in NC

              Sent from Samsung tablet