Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Romeeoh and Budesonide

Expand Messages
  • cbstarshine
    Hi everyone, Haven’t posted for awhile, dealing with depression and headaches almost everyday for the past two months. Romeeoh is on Budesonide, .5mg a day,
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2014
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi everyone,
       
      Haven’t posted for awhile, dealing with depression and headaches almost everyday for the past two months. Romeeoh is on Budesonide, ..5mg a day, 1/2 of what they originally wanted him on to see how he does with the pill form since the time release capsule one at 1mg gave him diarrhea. He still vomits after his first meal but does skip a day or two here and there.
       
      Yesterday I took him to the vet for some blood work to check labs. My vet isn’t in till Sunday and I got a call from a different vet there with the results. She said everything looked normal and how was he doing? I told her, since she didn’t know him, that he still vomits after a morning meal with a skipped day or two. She said they could switch him to prednisolone. I told her he couldn’t because of his heart. She asked is that what a cardiologist said and I told her yes. She then said they could put him on Leukeran (don’t remember the generic she mentioned) and see how he does. I don’t want to give him a cancer drug??!!!! I told her I didn’t want anything to happen to his kidneys or liver and she had to look for the results and THEN said that his liver enzymes were a little elevated but nothing to worry about!!!!!
       
      Oh great, now what. Is the steroid starting to affect his liver? Something I didn’t want to happen?? His regular vet yesterday said to go up to 1mg budesonide one day and then .5mg the next and so on after we get the lab work back and see what they show. I think I will wait till Sunday when she is back in the clinic and try to talk to her. I am starting to get worried all over again about what might happen to him. She said if I was comfortable with his vomiting once a day we could leave him on .5mg budesonide. She felt that the does was not strong enough maybe to help the inflammation and that’s why he’s still vomiting. I don’t know what to do now. Any suggestions?? I asked the doctor I talked to today to email me the lab results and she said she would have the front office do it. I am waiting to see them and I will share them with you for consideration.
       
      Thanks for listening. Worried kitty mom.
       
      Mirsades & Romeeoh <=^..^=>

      "The righteous one is caring for the soul of his domestic animal" Proverbs 12:10

      RIP - Mungkee (2010) Kitty (2001) Groucho (1999) Mei Ling (1991) Chandar (1989) Lemo (1988) Destiny (1987)



      This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.


    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.