Saddle Thrombosis (Please help me Understand)

  • Tracey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2014

      Hi Lyn,

      I posted a reply last night to your email but still don't see it here.

      Anyway,  I want to thank you so much for your explanation.   You gave me more understanding than the vets!

      I am beside myself with guilt.  You mention a very good point which is that the symptoms for asthma/phenomonia are very similar to heart disease (coughing, lethargy, exercise intolerance).

      I think back now and every time I saw these symptoms in the last year or so I was increasing the dose of her inhaled meds thinking it was her asthma acting up.....now I think it may have been the heart issues. As you said the heart issues started awhile ago but just now made their appearance known with the clot.   I feel sad because she was probably having the issues for quite some time but I didn't know. If only I had known I would have been treating her for that.

      I am just so sad about the whole thing.  What is especially upsetting to me is her being in so much pain from the clot.  It was horrible to witness that.  I never want to see that again or hear it......It still haunts me every day.

      They say it gets better in time (I hope so).

      Thank You for your help and explaining things.  Tracey