Has someone experience with unknown-origin allergies?

  • Pablo Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2014
      My cat suddenly began to scratch herself and nothing has happened around. Steroids help. These are the last days that she receives steroids and i'm afraid, the scratching will begin again. Any hint will be  thanked.
      Pablo
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2014
        hi --- my heart kitty Tigger was allergic to something in the dry food I gave him when I first got him.  He scratched his little folded ears so badly they actually bled one day.  I tried some different dry foods, no luck.  But everything went away when I switched him to all canned  foor with no gluten or grains in it.  Try that first.  allergies are usually food-related.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2014
          Hi Frank,

          Have you tried a hypoallergenice diet?    Royal Canin makes a good one which comes both wet and dry and they offer several varieits (rabbit/pea, duck/pea, venison/pea, hydolozed protein).

          One of my persians (non-heart kitty) eats it and LOVES the duck/pea.   My heart kitty Sheba also likes it though.

          I can buy most varieties in the pet store.   But I had to order the duck/pea canned food online.

          Good luck
          Jordan, Sheba and Cameo