Sheba's ultrasound unchanged!!

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2014
      Today was Sheba's annual ultrasound.    I am pleased to say that the cardiologist stated that her heart disease is unchanged from his original echo done in June 2012.

      He was very pleased and actually surprised he did not see more progression.
      His report indicated the following:

      EXAM:   BARH, grade1/VI systolic murmur, lungs normal, pulse normal, no thyroid, MM pink, HR 180 regular, RR 20, T 100.

      ASSESSMENT:   mild mitral valve leak, physiologic tricuspid valve leak, moderate left atrail englargment (LLAD 1.8cm), no change from previous echos, no "smoke", or clots, normal LV size and systolic function, no effusions or arrhythmias.

      DIAGNOSIS:  moderate to severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, feline asthma

      The heart disease is still unchanged from my original echo on 6/18/2012.  UCM is a term used for cats with left atrial enlargement, without an identifying cause (e.g. not enough mitral valve leak to cause enlargement, no HCM, no DCM etc)

      RECHECK:  chest radiographs in 6 months

      TREATMENT PLAN:   no changes  (continue plavix 1/4 tab once daily)
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2014
        That is fantastic news! No change is the best we can have and means no progression. Some cats have naturally enlarged atrial walls too, my Toby was on the border for HCM for 5 years with no progression. I am delighted for you both and lots of hugs and purrs from the Furkids!!

        Lyn
      • marianna.mayer

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2014
            Thank you Lyn!!    It is the best news we can hope for a heart kitty.   WOO HOO!!!     We said some extra "paw prayers" last night.    We are very GRATEFUL!!!    :)

            Love to you and the furkids,
            Jordan and Sheba
          • Jordan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2014