Plavix and pancreatitis

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2013
      I recently heard from someone who stated that Plavix can cause pancreatitis.    Has anyone heard this before or experienced it.

      Sheba is on Plavix and was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis.     Here is the info I received:

      I just noticed your reference to Plavix. I don't know if it would be true for cats, but in humans, it has been known to cause pancreatitis. So it's possible that it's going to a chronic thing with the use of Plavix. It also has a number of GI effects, as I guess you already know due to the vomiting.

      http://www.drugs/. com/sfx/plavix- side-effects. html.

      Any feedback is appreciated!!

      Thanks,
      Jordan and Sheba

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2013

        Hi Jordan

        I have four on plavix, one for over 5 years and no pancreatitis. So not sure:)

        Lyn
      • Laurie Stead

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2013
            I posted this on December 4th . . .but given Lyn's recent experience with Milli, I am back to asking the same question again.
            If Plavix is known to cause GI upset, could it trigger pancreatitis???