Rare condition ?

  • Banu Korgul
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2013

      Hello,

      I am writing you from istanbul turkey. Again for a sick stray cat we are trying to save.

      This kitty was having trouble breathing. Heart ultrasound and later Doppler exam showed that there is a narrow place in the part where heart pumps blood to lungs. Since adequate blood isn't reaching his lungs, his body can't get enough oxygen and he has increased breathing. Vet prescribed beta blockers only hoping that the damage to his heart can be slowed down. Betablockers aren't helping much w the breathing.
      Our reading shows that there is a balloon treatment.. which not applicable here in turkey. Is it routine in us? Europe?

      Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

      This kitty is very friendly and full of life. Just under a year old gray tabby boy..

      Thanks
      Banu

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2013
        Hi

        I`m sorry, I`ve never heard of that at all. So I hope someone else can assist you with this.

        Lyn

      • Jenny
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2013
          Hi.
          Balloon a angioplasty is commonly done in human babies with pulmonary artery stenosis which is what this sounds like. There is a case report at U Minnesota in the US. It looks like they did it in conjunction with a human children's hospital. Is it possible a Veterinary Cardiologist in Turkey could collaborate with a human Pediatric Cardiologist there?
          So sweet of you to fight for this kitty.
          Jenny

          Sent from my iPhone