Jetsam heart kitty

  • marycayd
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24 11:58 AM
      Hi,

      My cat sitter called to say Jetsam won’t eat, had labored breathing, & seemed weak, not moving much.  I was 2 1/2 hrs away, but got home as soon as I could & found him crying & unable to move his rear end.  I took right to the Emergency vets & they said he threw a thrombus, had fluid in his lungs, was in pain & the vet was asking me to put him down right then & there, something I couldn’t do.  My husband is 5 hours away so I spoke with him & we want to wait to see how he does in a couple of hours & when he gets home we’ll make some decisions.  When I saw him in the oxygen chamber he was pretty unresponsive to me & could barely lift his head.

      What can we expect? What should we ask or be aware of?  This is the first time this happened & he was just 3 July 1.  He’s my little character, does funny things & I just can’t stop crying thinking about him & what might have to be.  Suggestions & experience would be welcomed.

      Thanks,
      Marycay
    • marycayd

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24 3:57 PM
          Hello Marycay

          I am so sorry to hear of Jetsam. If he is to have treatment it needs to be as soon as possible, strong pain medication and heparin. A clot is devastating and he is so young, my thoughts and prayers are with you. This is a very serious situation but I would have also asked a second opinion too.