A new star in heaven tonight

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2013
      Friends

      I have lost count of the time I have advised people on the last act of kindness, so why is it still so difficult when it's my own. I lost the sweetest, kindest boy, Josh, today. His body shut down and he is now at peace. Josh was 17 years old and my two children have known him all their lives, we were all with him as he passed at the vets. He was a big silver tabby and brother to Sam who passes last year. He accepted all the babies and kittens with a big purry shrug of his shoulders and remained boss cat to the end.

      Josh never once raised a paw to anyone. He loved to be outside and in the sunshine. Seven years ago we found he has HCM and it was quickly followed by kidney, thyroid disease and severe arthritis. He also had a haemangioma tumour on his leg. Josh has done well these last years but it was all too much for his little body and he started to shut down this morning. At the vets he was confused but purring for us. His passing was gentle with the children stroking his head and reassuring him.

      We will bury him in the garden tongiht. Please pray for Josh as he passes to the bridge.

      Much love

      Lyn

    • Maria Lebruto
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2013

        Dear Lyn,

        I am so sorry to learn that you have  lost your precious boy Josh. In my humble opinion there is nothing harder than giving that last gift of kindess. What a loving moment that you were all with Josh to comfort him and help him pass. He sounds like the most wonderful boy.

        I will keep Josh and all of you in my prayers.

        Maria, Tedy and Timmy

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
          Dear Lyn;  I am so sorry for your loss.  Josh sounded like a gem...a big sweet lovable boy.  I'm sure he'll be very much missed.  Hugs to all of you...Judi and Angel Max
        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
            Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your little boy, this is heartbreaking.  Unfortunately our kitties are very fragile and we never get to keep them as long as we want, but the fact that he lived 17 years with all his problems is testament to the great care you gave him.  He was very blessed to be your kitty.

            I know we will see our little ones again.  He is now young and healthy and waiting for you at the Bridge with his brother.  What a wonderful reunion that will be.

            sincerely,  Michelle & Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
              Oh Lyn . . . I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your sweet Josh.    You gave him a wonderful life of unconditional love right to the end.
              We will keep you, Josh and your family in our paw prayers tonight.

              Sweet dreams, sweet boy.

              Hugs and lots of kitty kisses for you,
              Jordan and Sheba
            • marycayd
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 12, 2013
                So sorry to hear about your kitty Josh.  Glad you had a good 17 years with your family.  Sending warm wishes & hugs.

                Marycay