Episodes after boarding

  • keycmv
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2013
      Ok - this has happened for the 3rd time in a row.  Out of town for about 3 days, picked up Gump at the vet's. Gump thinks he is at the spa and enjoys being there.  He gets lots of love and attention.

      Once we get him home - about an hour later, he has an episode.  Starts with pre-vomit meowing, attempts to vomit (nothing comes out), gets wobbly with rear legs, lays on his side, rapid breathing, and in 3 minutes it passes.  He is back to his old self, no worse for the wear.  The last two times we've rushed him back to the vet - with no symptoms.

      We suspect that it is due to activity after being sedentary.  Any other theories or recommendations?  It is definitely not a response to emotional stress.

      Carol