Urgent help hcm and cfr- end of the road

  • kelly weech
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013
      Need advice from anyone with hcm and kidney failure. We took Levi in for bloods on Monday and his kidney values are beyond high. Possibly only 5% working due to the high dose of durectics.

      He stopped eating on Saturday and has only eaten gravy squeezed from packet and drinking water. We have the vet booked in tomorrow to come to our house for him to put him to sleep but I am so confused, is it the right thing to do? Right time?

      No one seems to understand. I am so heart broken, I just don't want him to suffer if he can't have a quality life.

      Kelly

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013

        Kelly

        At such a high rate of kidney failure, it is difficult to find something to help. All I can suggest is to ask if fortekor would work for him and if so, put him on a drip until it starts working. Sadly, we all face this decision and its never easy. Look into his eyes and see if it is time to say goodbye and let him have the last act of kindness. Someone once told me here a prolonged life should not be a prolonged death. I am so sorry you are facing ths and hope someone else can offer help.  Lyn
      • kelly weech
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013
          Thanks lyn, your advice has been so helpful through out this whole situation. I can't face the drip as if I lost him in there I would never forgive myself.

          It's just so hard, he is my first baby boy and I don't want him to suffer for me. I know he will fight but just feel its too much to ask when I don't believe he will have the quality of life he deserves.

          I think I just answered my own question, I am just emotionally drained and questioning my decision because I know there will be no going back. I just want to do right by him.

          My partner wants to see how he goes but I am scared he will go straight back into heart failure and die an awful death. I just feel he deserves a dignified ending which is why I plan to do it in the privacy of our home.

          Thanks again lyn