Re: [FH] New Patient, old member

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2013
      My cat receives 1/2 pimobendan in the am and 1/2 in the pm.  I actually split it into 1/4's so it easily hides in just 1/2 pill pocket.  It adds another "pill treat" (that's what I call them) but it makes it manageable for kitty eat.  Boo doesn't seem to mind the flavor - as far as I have been told it is not bitter if they bite into it.

      I would always talk to your cardiologist before adding/removing pills or changing doses.  Every cat differs.

      I hope Sammy continues to recover well. It's great his breathing rate has come down.

      Laurie and Boo

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2013
        Hi

        I swear by pimobendan for my cats. Trixi had advanced HCM and Milli two holes in her heart. Both were given months at most when they were kittens. Trixi started this drug after her heart attack and Milli recently in heart failure. Both are doing very well.  It's a palatable tablet and both mine scoff it down as a treat.