Re: [FH] CoQ10 supplements

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
      hi Ruth,

      It's not so much the brands that matter, but the kind of CoQ10.  It's better to use Ubiquinol than Ubiquinone, because the Ubiquinone has to be broken down INTO Ubiquinol in the body, and most of us, cats included, don't break it down well and you only get a fraction of a percentage of it into the body  Ubiquinol is already the broken down, more bioavailable version of CoQ10.

      We use Doctor's Best Ubiquinol 50mg and give Misty one twice a day.  Also, the Ubiquinol works best if it's in some kind of "oil" or fat base... given with food that has fat in it, because it's a fat soluble supplement.  Always give it with food anyway, because on an empty stomach it can cause  a tummy ache.

      Carol

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
        Hi

        I give the whole capsule in chicken, but my kits are so greedy they eat anything . On the odd occason they refuse I squirt it on chicken and they scoff it anyway.

        Remember CoQ10 also breaks down quickly in light, so store it in a dark container away from the light.

        Lyn:)

      • Jim Sinclair
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013

          On Sep 29, 2013 2:06 PM, "Ruth" <k.genyin@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Jim.  I just checked out the powder on Amazon UK and let Google do the maths, and it does work out cheaper, as long as I can find going on £60 to start out.

          WOW that's steep! How much powder do you get for £60? I can get a one-ounce bottle for under $50 US.

          See if this place will ship to the UK: http://www.vitaminlife.com/product-exec/PNAME/CoQ10-100-Pure/product_id/50190?gcsct=0ChMIiMWA-KfxuQIVhLrmCh35bwAAEA4

          It appears they do ship to countries other than Russia.

          A tip for you or anyone else who opts for the powder: Do not drop the teeny little spoon into the bottle for storage. The powder is very light and fluffy and dusty, and you'll waste  powder and breathe in expensive CoQ10 dust trying to get the spoon back out again next time. I recommend snapping a rubber band around the bottle, and slipping the spoon into the rubber band to keep it with the bottle.

          Jim Sinclair  jisincla@...

        • Ruth
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013

            On 29 September 2013 20:22, Jim Sinclair <jisincla@...> wrote:

            WOW that's steep! How much powder do you get for £60? I can get a one-ounce bottle for under $50 US.

            It's an ounce, 28g.  Google tells me $50 US is about £31.

            Ruth

          • ashi miko
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
              Hi there Ruth and Jim,

              As I mentioned in my message, NOW brand for pure supplements is an excellent brand.  I would be happy to check into some good online sources that might have a little lower cost and shipping for you.

              With regard to the Nutramax CoMalQ10, and it just has to be figured up how much you would need and how often, hopefully you can both discuss this with your Vet as well as zoom in on the label or go back to the link I provided, here is the information on cost and shipping to Europe:

              Hope this will help you evaluate choices between gelcaps and powder, and happy to help in anyway that I can.  As I mentioned, Now Brand is great for all supplements, very pure, I did not check however Amazon probably carries it, and I know of other sources as well and perhaps it can even be purchased from their website.

              Let us know if you have any additional questions!

              Sincerely,

              Ashi, Miko, Mia, Miette and Christine  >^.^<

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
                I like to use the site Online Conversion, Ruth and Jim, here is the link to just one portion of the site, for currency conversion, there is much more available to you as well:

                Sincerely,

                Christine and the Girls and the Baby Girls  >^.^<

                WOW that's steep! How much powder do you get for £60? I can get a one-ounce bottle for under $50 US.

                It's an ounce, 28g.  Google tells me $50 US is about £31.

                Ruth
              • Jordan
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 30, 2013
                  Hi Ruth,

                  My heart kitty Sheba takes, C0Q10 also, but she could not take the Doctor's Best brand.   I found that it kept her up all night and she was not able to sleep on it.

                  So, now we do the Ventriscience brand and she is totally unaffected.     She gets 30 mg too.

                  Love and kitty kisses,

                  Jordan and Sheba