RE: [feline-heart] Names of cardiologist for consult help

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2000

      The cardiologist I use for Lynx here in NJ is excellent. He is a diplomate
      of the AVCIM, is an obvious cat lover & takes time to explain everything &
      answer questions. He even called me at 6:30 on a Saturday night to give me
      the results of Lynx's blood test, since the results had just come back from
      the lab.

      I've included his contact info as a text attachment to this email.

      > Patti and Lilli

      > P.S. I just
      > came back from
      > Mass where she had an untrasound, strip, and no news but I will
      > say this,
      > he gave her 50 ml of fluids and I think her breathing has
      > improved. Figure
      > that, Congestive heart, lasix and what makes her breathing
      > better, fluids.
      > I now realize that dehydration has its own symptoms too.

      Glad to hear that Lilli is doing better.

      --
      JR
      & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx

      ----------

      Full Name: Schrope, Donald P.
      Last Name: Schrope
      First Name: Donald
      Job Title: Vet (Cardiology)
      Company: Veterinary Referral Center

      Business Address: 48 Notch Rd.
      Little Falls, NJ 07424

      Business: +1 (888) 722-7200
      Business 2: +1 (973) 890-9796
      Business Fax: +1 (973) 890-4876

    • Miguel &Linda Irrgang
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2000
        Patti,
        Try the Gulf Coast Animal Clinic in Houston, Texas...they are the besst in the
        southwest and have phenomenal facilities and human resources. They have brought
        2 of my babies back from "death" literally. They only work by referral from
        other vets so you must a referral. They have arranged with a Drury Inn nearby
        (about 1/4 mile) to accept pet owners and pets if need be. It's where I have
        taken Pum from here (Santiago, Chile) when we had our recent crisis.

        Our vet is Dr. Vulgamott. I can't say enough good things about him. You will not
        be disappointed. There is also a very wellknown vet cardiologist in Florida
        (Gainesville?) but I can't remember the name.....good luck and keep us updated.

        Linda Max and Pum