Cardiologist info request

  • Connie McIver
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2013

      Hello all,

      We usually take our cats to the University of Minnesota to a board certified Cardiologist, but he insists on shaving big patches of fur to do the ultrasound.  It takes many months for the fur to grow back.  His name is Dr. Stauthammer.  Does anyone know of any other certified Cardiologists in either Minnesota or North or South Dakota that don’t shave for the HCM exam?  This Cardiologist is a wonderful Vet, and we have absolutely no problem with his credentials or his work, except the darn shaving!  I have asked if he would consider not shaving the cats, and he said absolutely not.  He does not feel that one can get a decent image without shaving.  Any replies will be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

      Connie McIver

      Silkenthunder Bengals