Cardiologists in West Los Angeles

  • esespin2
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2013
      Hi All,

      I recently read a disturbing post about a cat with a heart murmur on amlodipine and thought to have his blood pressure under control. His heart became enlarged and he started Benazepril. The cat passed away at the vet's office while there to check for any effect on his kidneys. Max has a 2/3 heart murmur which he has had since he was 5 years old and and an US by a radiologist showed it was benign.He is going to be 16 this month. He has been on BP meds for over a year but it is hard to assess his BP because he gets very scared at the vet's office and even if anything is changed at home. Our last test he was trembling so it was useless. I am due for another BP check and wondering if I should get another US or possibly see a cardiologist. My vet is a Boarded Internist and he feels all is okay. He doesn't use a doppler which is concerning as well. So to make a long story short, does anyone use a cardiologist that they like in the West L.A./Westwood area? If so would you please contact me? Thank you.

      Elise