Re: [FH] No close cardiologist

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013
      Hi

      The most important thing of all is a good diagnosis. I think that is vital to know for the right treatment and help. My cardiologist is an hour away and all the cats go there. In an emergency it's my own vet for the immediate frucimide and oxygen but if they have a diagnosis they know what to do and can ring the cardiologist too for advice or send them there once they are stable.

      Lyn

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013

        hi Cindi,

        For years we didn't have a cardiologist close by either, and what we did was found an internal medicine veterinarian who had a special interest in heart problems.  Our internist would do Misty's heart ultrasound and all her heart tests.  Then when we finally did get a cardiologist here locally, we went to him once and he told us after looking at Misty's records from our internist, that he had nothing to add to her diagnosis and treatment.  We got very lucky to find an internist who was so good.

        Carol