Re: [FH] RE: 10 years old Ginger been dianose with HCM

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2013
      I use pill pockets salmon favor - just 1/2 of one enough to cover the pill.  Lasix is a small pill so hopefully Ginger won't give you too much trouble :)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2013
        Hi,

        Not sure if this has been said, but from what I've learned, enalapril (and ace inhibitor) is cleared more by the kidneys than benazepril (ace inhibitor as well).  My May has crf and hcm and instead of enalapril, we put her on benazepril, and though she had advanced kidney disease, her kidneys did not decline from the benazepril.

        So, my advice would be to switch to benazepril instead of enalapril if and when possible.

        -Lee and Miss May
        =========
        After
        1 night crying me and my husband decided even there is no hope for
        cure, we still want to buy some quality time with Ginger. We called the
        vet next day to organise medicine in liquid form (Ginger is a very
        grumpy cat and don't want to stress him up with tablet). It will takes 4
        days for the medicine arrive (I am in Australia, everything is too slow
        here), confirmed with the vet it will contains Latsix and Enalapril.

      • yvonnelitse