OT: Yahoo Groups Changes

  • carolroars
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2013
      Yahoo Groups has decided to completely change the format of the groups.  The new format is very confusing and some features are no longer available.  Posting from the group home page is confusing to say the least.  It no longer says "Post".  You must click on "conversations" and then "new topic" to post a new post.  There are some glitches that Yahoo is working to correct. For now, some of your messages may be delayed if you receive them by email. Some members might temporarily be unable to reply to a message. If you read messages at the home page, you'll notice some differences in the look of the page. Unfortunately, owners and moderators have no control over any of the changes. Navigating the new format on the home page is completely different too. No longer are the group's options listed on the left side of the page.  Near the upper center of the home page below a banner you will find the options: Conversations     Photos   Events  Polls    More The "More" option has a drop-down menu to get to the files and links section of the group. This new change is frustrating, to say the least, but hopefully we'll all get used to it as time goes on. Carol Moderator, feline-heart
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2013
        Okay, I just read my own post that I just wrote and now realize that IF you post from the home page, none of your formatting (paragraphs, salutation, etc.) will be in the post. Everything you write will be put into one big paragraph!

        So is probably best if you want your message to look the way you write them, to post them from your email and send to the feline-heart address. feline-heart@yahoogroups.com