Re: Spitting Up Clear Liquid?

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2013
      Hi

      This could be one of three things. Either saliva which suggests a bad tooth
      or gum problem and needs to be checked at the vets. Or possibly drool
      because she is feeling sick, like we salivate before we're sick. But that's
      unlikely if she isn't vomiting too.

      Or it may be fluid from her lungs which is an emergency. If fluid, she
      would be breathing quickly, more than normal. If she is, please go to the
      emergency vet now. I`m sorry if this alarms you, but cats with heart failure,
      their lungs can fill with fluid quickly. She would be having breathing
      difficulties and a faster rate if so. Vomit would be obvious, with the retching
      and spewing cats usually do.
      Either way, I`m afraid it is a trip to the vets.