Re: New Member - Restrictive Cardiomyopathy

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2013
      Hi Brooke

      We've all been through that, where they have to tweak the medications and
      add more until they get the balance right. If she crashed so quickly, she
      may need to add another medication to help the heart and it is good the
      diuretic is every eight hours. That should help.

      My heart cat Trixi, had a heart attack several years ago and was given no
      chance to survive and was given vetmedin (pimobendan) as a trial. It took
      over a week for her to start to feel better, but during that time we had to
      drop the dose of benazepril as her blood pressure dropped too low and we had
      to stop aspirin as it made her sick and also increase the lasix. You did
      well to spot the change in breathing and get quick action.