Result of nutritional consultation

  • Jim Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      Even though it is now confirmed that Rhapsody died of FIP and not from
      any cause related to poor nutrition, I had been informed (by the
      internist at the specialty hospital) of a veterinary nutritionist
      who's now practicing here in town and who did her Clinical Nutrition
      residency at Cornell. I arranged a consultation with her and requested
      an analysis of the diet I'm feeding.

      I received her report this afternoon. She found the diet "appropriate
      for healthy adult cats." (Note that I requested analysis of the adult
      diet I'm currently feeding. There is a separate supplement and set of
      recipes designed specifically for kittens, and I used that diet when
      my cats were kittens. I don't currently have any kittens so I did not
      pay for analysis of the kitten diet, only the adult diet that I'm
      currently using.) She also offered her assistance as necessary to
      adapt it for any cats who are not healthy, and I've already written
      back to her with some questions about Willow (who, BTW, has not
      vomited in weeks and who is passing nice normal stools).

      Jim Sinclair jisincla@...