Re: question about Plavix and appetite loss

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
      Hi Barbara

      Not sure about others, but Plavix has never stopped my cats being the
      greedy things they are. I have four cats on plavix and other mixes of drugs and
      all four are so greedy they take my fingers off when offered pills in
      chicken.

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
        Hi Barbara -

        Boo was dx with DCM Oct 2011 and has been taking Plavix ever since. She has never thankfully suffered from a clot. It has solely been prescribed as a preventative drug.  She takes this along with lasix, benazepril, and vetmedin.    I have not seen any issue with her appetite when adding Plavix.  Boo's cardiologist informed me Plavix "is an anti-clotting drug and may help to prevent inappropriate clotting with Boo's heart".

        Does Sheck have a cardiologist?  I would always consult with them before adding/removing any meds.

        Laurie and Boo